* Dr. Saravanan Balachandran MS, MCh
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
Dr. Saravanan had his formal medical degree from the prestigious Stanley Medical College. After his surgical training from Madurai Medical College, he completed his MCH in Vascular Surgery again from his alma mater Stanley Medical College. He worked as an assistant professor in Sri Ramachandra Medical College for four years. He then set to establish Mount Multispecialty Hospital for giving medical needs and super specialty care for the people of south Chennai.
He has a vast interest in travelling and providing treatment to patients of north-eastern states of India where there is no reach of super specialty care.
Specialist in following diseases and conditions
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Varicose vein
- Deep vein thrombosis (dvt)
- Leg ishemia
- Stroke – carotid
- Dialysis av fistula
- Stem cell therapy
- Peripheral artery bypass
- Diabetic foot clinic
- Fellow in Vascular Surgery, Salzburg University, Austria.
- Mch, Vascular Surgery, Government Stanley Medical College, The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University.
- M .S., (General Surgery) Madurai Medical College ,The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University.
- M.B.B.S., Government Stanley Medical College, The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University.
- Assistant professor, department of General Surgery, Meenakshi Medical College & Research Institute, April 2007 to August 2007.
- Assistant professor, department of Vascular Surgery, Sri Ramachandra University, September 2007 to May 2008.
- Assistant professor, department of General Surgery, Sri Ramachandra University, June2008 to July 2010.
- MCH Post Graduate, department of Vascular Surgery, Government Stanley Medical College., August 2010 to August 2013.
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon Chettinad Hospitals, Prashanth Superspeciality Hospital, Parvathy Hospital.
- Visiting consultant Faith Hospital, Nagaland.
- Team practice at Billroth Hospitals, Vijaya Hospitals, Vijaya Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedics.
- “Foot Aneurysms” – Indian journal of Vascular Surgery, Volume 3, Issue 4, Pages 145
- “Revascularisation Of Upper Limb Vascular Injuries Based On Hand Doppler In Level II Centre” – journalijiar.com, 3 (12), 34-37
- “Popliteal Artery Aneurysms- Role Of Primary Care Physician” – SAS Journal of Surgery, 2015; 1(3): 56-5, 58-59
- “Idiopathic Multiple Aneurysm Of External Carotid Artery” – Journal of family medicine and primary care 3 (2), 164
- “Swelling In Gluteal Region” in Med E Journal of The Tamilnadu MGR Medical university, 2013
- “Perforated appendicitis – A rare case of pneumoperitoneum” – Sriramachandra journal, 2012
- Annual Conference of Tamilnadu & Pondicherry Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India, August 2005.
- “Limb salvage in tumor of femur “ National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology & International Symposium on Advances in Oncology, September 2005.
- Poster presentation in VSICON 2010, Annual Conference of Vascular Society of India.
- “Upper limb bypass “ VSICON 2011.
- “Management outcomes of upper limb arterial injuries “ VSICON 2012 “Infragenicular prosthetic graft bypass with distal Vein cuff for limb salvage“ VSICON 2013.
Years of Experience
By Appointment Only